You’ll see one leg at a time. You have to decide if the left or right route choice is the SHORTEST (not fastest!), as quickly as possible.
Any – desktop computer, laptop, tablet, phone.
routechoicegame.com was created by Tuomo Mäkelä. You will need to register, and we recommend that you play some warm-up games before playing the actual stage.
The image below shows how to try the demonstration games.
At the end you’ll get a score, based on a combination of:
- how often you chose the shortest route
- the % difference between your route and the shortest route
- how long you took to choose your routes
You can play some warm-up games on routechoicegame.com before moving on to the main competition. Just hit one of the play buttons as shown in red below. The more times you play the more interesting types of routechoices you ‘unlock’.
Ready to compete?
Fair play: To make it a fair competition, you must only do the stage once – your first go is the one that counts!
There’ll be 30 legs in total. For each leg, choose the route that you think is shortest – left or right.
You need to be quick!
When you’re ready to play:
- Go to the competition page.
- Select Play competition with code.
- Enter the code 55QHP3 and select Play.
- Submit your score – the number highlighted below – via our results website.
If you have problems logging in to the website, contact us.
You MUST complete this stage AND submit your score by 19:30 UK Time on Saturday 27th June
Submitting your score makes our lives easier and means that we can produce the overall results more quickly 🙂
Big thanks to our sponsors:
- CompassPoint – orienteering equipment
- Sprint Scotland – sprint racing and training in Scotland
- Catching Features – offering a 40% discount to all competitors