Which is the fastest route?
Desktop computer or laptop.
Being able to pick the fastest route is an important skill in orienteering!
We’ve found some interesting routechoice legs from previous competitions, and you need to decide which is the fastest route (based on the fastest times in real life). For each leg, there are 3 or 4 routes, labelled A, B, C, D. Choose the one that you think is the fastest, as quickly as you can! Sometimes there is more than one correct route.
- If you choose the correct route within 5 seconds, you get 100 points. For every additional 5 seconds, you lose 5 points.
- If you choose the wrong route within 5 seconds, you get 50 points. For every additional 5 seconds, you lose 5 points.
|Seconds to decide||Correct route – points||Wrong route – points|
|and so on until 0 points|
There is a beep in the game every 5 seconds.
The stage is ranked by:
- firstly, how many points you get
- then, how long you take
You can do 3 warm up route-choices here.
Ready to play?
Safari internet browser users – please use Chrome or Firefox. If not please contact us beforehand.
There are 10 controls. The first 4 are from one map, the next 3 from another map and the final 3 are from another map.
When you’re ready to play, go to this link and click Start Game. For each leg, choose the fastest route as quickly as you can.
When you finish, your score will be automatically recorded.
You MUST complete this stage by 19:30 BST on Saturday 9th May.
If you have any issues, please contact us.
Big thanks to our sponsors:
- CompassPoint – orienteering equipment
- Mitchell Maps – the official UK OCAD reseller. You can get 20% off OCAD subscriptions until the end of May plus free support when you buy through Mitchell Maps
- Sprint Scotland – sprint racing and training in Scotland
- Catching Features – offering a 40% discount to all competitors