Match the map symbols with the control descriptions as quickly as possible!
Desktop computer or laptop.
We used this game at our Easter competition, but this time we’ve replaced the words with map symbols.
There will be only two games this time:
- Symbols to Map: You’ll see a control description and a choice of three map symbols. Select the map symbol that matches the control description.
- Match Map and Symbols: You’ll see a large number of map symbols and control descriptions. You’ll need to match each map symbol to the correct control description.
At the end you’ll be ranked by:
- firstly, how many you got right across the two games
- then, on mistakes (when you click the wrong map symbol in the Symbols to Map game or the wrong pair in the Match Map and Symbols game)
- finally, how long you took
Note that time isn’t the most important factor here! Also, note that if you click a symbol/description and then click again to deselect it, this counts as a mistake.
We recommend using this link to play some warm up games. To be relevant to the competition you need to select Symbols to Map or Match Map and Symbols.
Ready to play?
When you’re ready to play, go to this link and enter your competition number.
If you played the game at our Easter Weekend you may need to press SHIFT and F5 at the same time to refresh the page.
When you finish, your score will be automatically recorded.
You MUST complete this stage by 19:30 BST on Saturday 9th May.
If you have any issues, please contact us.
Big thanks to our sponsors:
- CompassPoint – orienteering equipment
- Mitchell Maps – the official UK OCAD reseller. You can get 20% off OCAD subscriptions until the end of May plus free support when you buy through Mitchell Maps
- Sprint Scotland – sprint racing and training in Scotland
- Catching Features – offering a 40% discount to all competitors