You have to complete a jigsaw of an urban orienteering map, as quickly as possible.
Desktop computer or laptop.
We’ll be using Jigsaw Planet. You don’t need to register, but we recommend that you play some warm-up games before playing the actual stage.
You can try some other jigsaws of urban orienteering maps on Jigsaw Planet before moving on to the real thing:
The stage will be available from 21:00 BST on Saturday 25th April.
- To make it a fair competition, you must only do the stage once – your first go is the one that counts!
- You must not use the ‘Image’, ‘Ghost’ or ‘Arrange’ buttons – these would make it too easy!
There’ll be 60 jigsaw pieces in total. You have to arrange the pieces to create a sprint orienteering map.
Your result will be based on how long you take to complete the jigsaw.
When you’re ready to play:
- Go to this link.
- Arrange the jigsaw pieces to complete the map.
- Take a screenshot or photo as proof of your time – we may ask to see it.
- Submit your time via our results website.
You MUST complete this stage AND submit your time by 16:00 BST on Sunday 26th April.
Submitting your time makes our lives easier and means that we can produce the overall results more quickly 🙂
If you have any issues, please contact us.
We’ll rank everyone’s results in order. First place gets 1000 points, second place 999 points, third place 998 points, and so on. If you miss the deadline for submitting your result, you’ll lose 50 points (unless your lateness is caused by the organisers).
Big thanks to our sponsors:
- CompassPoint – orienteering equipment
- JWOC 2021 – providing maps for the Sprint Weekend
- Mitchell Maps – the official UK OCAD reseller. You can get 20% off OCAD subscriptions until the end of May plus free support when you buy through Mitchell Maps
- Sprint Scotland – sprint racing and training in Scotland
- Forest Challenge Game – orienteering board game
- Catching Features – offering a 40% discount to all competitors