You have to complete the course as quickly as possible.
Desktop computer or laptop with separate mouse.
Some tips on how to play Catching Features:
- Use a separate mouse
- Hold the space bar to look at the map while running
- Press 1 to zoom in and 2 to zoom out
- Press R to focus the map on your current leg
- Press W to move the map up, S to move it down, A left, and D right
- Hold alt while running to jump – this can be helpful if you get stuck and can’t move!
- Press right mouse button to run backwards (slowly)
- Paths can be hard to see
- It’s difficult to relocate, so stay in contact with the map
- Practice helps! Catching Features definitely gets easier after you’ve played on a few different maps
The top 3 competitor times from each team will be added together. The top 3 teams will run in a head to head race on Sunday night at 20:00 UK time.
Go into Competition mode in Catching Features and choose a short course to warm up on – quit early if you need to so you’re still fresh for the stage.
Ready to play?
Fair play: To make it a fair competition, you must only do the course once – your first go is the one that counts!
|Area||A forest in North Macedonia|
|Planner||Chris Smithard and Color|
|CF Map Maker||Color|
|Map specification||Old ISOM|
When you’re ready to play:
- Open Catching Features and select Competitions.
- Select Lockdown-O – Team Weekend.
- Complete the course, as quickly as you can!
- Submit your course and time via our results website.
You MUST complete this stage AND submit your time by 17:00 BST on Sunday 24th May.
If you have any issues, please contact us.
Big thanks to our sponsors:
- CompassPoint – orienteering equipment
- Sprint Scotland – sprint racing and training in Scotland
- Catching Features – offering a 40% discount to all competitors