You’ll see an orienteering map with a leg between two controls. You have to draw the shortest legal route between the controls, as quickly as possible.
Desktop computer or laptop.
In sprint orienteering, selecting the correct route choice is crucial in performing well. Picking the wrong route will lose you time. This game tests your ability to select the fastest route.
We recommend that you play some warm-up games before playing the actual stage.
- 1 point for each correct route you draw in under 20 seconds
- 0.5 points for each correct route you draw in over 20 seconds
At the end, you’ll be ranked by:
- firstly, how many points you scored
- then, the total time you took to chose your routes
You can play some warm-up games before moving on to the real thing. We recommend doing abut 5 controls from one of the courses.
In the warm-up games, you have the option to see the correct route after you’ve drawn your route. In the actual stage competition, we’ll only release the correct routes after the stage has closed.
Ready to compete?
You’ll see 10 legs in total. For each leg, draw the route that you think is shortest. For some legs, there’s more than one possible shortest route.
The map is of a town in North Macedonia, from a group we are supporting their who are growing our sport there.
You need to be quick!
When you’re ready to play:
- Go to this link.
- Enter your competition number. Your name should appear.
- Select Start.
- When you finish, your score and time are automatically recorded.
You MUST complete this stage by 19:30 BST on Saturday 23rd May.
If you have any issues, please contact us.
Big thanks to our sponsors: