You’ll use Google Street View to race around a sprint course.
Desktop computer or laptop.
Google Street View provides interactive panoramas of streets from all around the world, allowing you to travel along the street as if you were really there. If you haven’t used it much before, we recommend trying it out before attempting the stage.
We are using a game developed by French orienteer Simon which you should test in the warm up game to get used to it.
- read the instructions on the game website and do some of the warm up course!
- to move in Street View click where you want to go. You don’t always need to click an arrow to move.
You will be ranked on time.
You can try a warm up using the same game website here. Thought we don’t recommend doing it all as you’ll be tired for the real competition 😉
Ready to compete?
- To make it a fair competition, you must only do the stage once – your first go is the one that counts!
The course is around Dreux in France.
When you’re ready to play:
- Go to this link.
- You must submit your time via our results website. There is NO automatic upload like the World Orienteering day course.
You MUST complete this stage AND submit your time by 17:00 UK Time on Sunday 24th May.
If you have any issues, please contact us.
Big thanks to our sponsors:
- CompassPoint – orienteering equipment
- Sprint Scotland – sprint racing and training in Scotland
- Catching Features – offering a 40% discount to all competitors